The System is committed to protecting and prudently investing member assets and providing accurate and timely retirement benefits with quality service to members and beneficiaries. ERS will continually apply the principles of responsible investing and strive to balance social responsibility with its fiduciary duty to provide strong long-term investment results to the System.
Standards of Conduct
As Trustees and Staff, we are committed to:
- Safeguard the members’ assets.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate accurate information.
- Provide accountable and proactive leadership.
- Conduct all business in a fair and respectful manner.
- Foster an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork.
- Value members as clients and advocate on their behalf.
- Comply with the System’s plan provisions, policies and guidelines.
- Work efficiently, simplify procedures, and minimize bureaucratic hurdles.
- Form alliances and partnerships to benefit the membership and the System.
- Balance Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing with fiduciary duty to obtain strong long-term investment results.
We expect all who interact with us to adhere to these standards of conduct.